Journal: Guitar Hero
I've been anticipating the new release of Guitar Hero World Tour for a while now. This is the first version of GH where it includes a mic and a drumkit, so that you can get the full band play, like Rockband. I pre-ordered the game ($215) from EBgames, and couldn't wait to go pick it up. Unfortunately, when the day came, I got a call from them, and they said they only got 2 bundles in, and I was 8th on the list.
To tide me over, I decided to buy just the guitar kit to practice on before I bought the entire set. I have to say, it's a pretty fun game. However, this game is best played with friends. When I eventually got the full kit, I had a couple of friends over, and we played for hours. I also bought it over to a potlouck dinner Mel was having at her place, and everyone got into it and had a blast.
Unforunately, the red pad on the drumset seemed to be off, so I returned it and got a refund. What I've decided to do with the money instead is buy a real acoustic guitar and learn how to play that. I figure if I put the same amount of energy learning an actual instrument as I did playing the game, I might actually learn a valuable skill. That's the hope anyways.
To tide me over, I decided to buy just the guitar kit to practice on before I bought the entire set. I have to say, it's a pretty fun game. However, this game is best played with friends. When I eventually got the full kit, I had a couple of friends over, and we played for hours. I also bought it over to a potlouck dinner Mel was having at her place, and everyone got into it and had a blast.
Unforunately, the red pad on the drumset seemed to be off, so I returned it and got a refund. What I've decided to do with the money instead is buy a real acoustic guitar and learn how to play that. I figure if I put the same amount of energy learning an actual instrument as I did playing the game, I might actually learn a valuable skill. That's the hope anyways.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home