September Part 3: The Day I Recinded My Acceptance
The very next day Karson pulls me into his office to discuss the terms of my departure. Now contractually, I'm obligated to give 2 weeks notice, however because he was going to be away getting married, he felt it wasn't sufficient time for them to get a replacement in for training. Perhaps if they lended a hand and took more time to learn what it was that I was doing, they wouldn't have been so high and dry, but I digress. Anyways, he asks for 3 weeks, which I didn't want to do, because I really wanted that week to study, and basically asked that I start my new job 1 week later then planned. He also went on to re-iterate the fact that the company doesn't have a good business model, that his friend's told him horror stories about the place, and that I should be sure that this is the type of job I wanted and that this is the company I want to be at. He went on so long, that I didn't get out of his office until 5:10, and my airport shift starts at 6:30. So, I casually, look at my watch, and he gets the hint and lets me go, but to think about what he's said. Unfortunately, the whole drive to the airport, the entire shift at the airport, and even when I got home, I did nothing but think about it. Then I decided to ask my dad what his thoughts were. Being a former VP of Finance, an MBA, and a CMA, I figure he should have some insight. He basically said the same thing Karson did and wanted to know what it is that I wanted to do. After thinking about it all day, I had decided that what I wanted to do was to finish my CSC, finish my CFA, and work in the Investment industry. Why then, would I want to be in another financial analyst role? I honestly didn't know. I mean, it's closer to home and I'd be more financially sound, but down the road it does nothing for my career in investments. And with that, I decided this wasn't the job for me.
The very next morning, I went into Karson's office, closed the door, told him about my decision to stay, and went to make the phone call to Energy Saving's Corp. I told them why I was rescinding my acceptance, and eventually they accepted it. So what I thought was a new adventure, just turned into a brief 3 day saga. For the rest of the day I kept wondering whether I made the right choice, but now, I'm confident that I did.
The very next morning, I went into Karson's office, closed the door, told him about my decision to stay, and went to make the phone call to Energy Saving's Corp. I told them why I was rescinding my acceptance, and eventually they accepted it. So what I thought was a new adventure, just turned into a brief 3 day saga. For the rest of the day I kept wondering whether I made the right choice, but now, I'm confident that I did.
